9.11.10

Climbing trees runs in the family.



I have been super busy (rushing to catch a deadline, as usual) and I feel like my eyeballs are about to flop out of my head. I should be fine as long as my hand stays attached to my right arm, but before all that I thought I would share this with you all. A pretty amazing image of my grandma in a tree. I think it's perfect.
I have been raiding my family photographs and becoming acquainted with my great great grandparents. I have to say that it was quite thrilling to hold photographs in your hand from the beginning of the last century and especially so since visiting the Muybridge exhibition, where everything is carefully archived and preserved, definitely no touching there. Which is something I want to do all the time, to get really close to bits of history. Maybe because it's a tiny tiny tiny bit like time travel....sort of. Meanwhile we keep our old photographs in a placky bag in the cupboard, so if anyone ever gets the same urge then you are quite welcome to come home with me and touch things people touched a hundred years ago. Next time I will introduce you to my great great grandfather Manuel Pérez and my great great uncle Federico Grandella.

No comments:

Post a Comment